Me

Hello! My name is Abby and I am going to school to become an ASL/English interpreter. This page is full of my interpreting homework and other cool things about interpreting. Hope you enjoy!

Monday, November 3, 2008

Patrie 3.2 English to ASL

video
Study Questions:
1. Context:
This is a woman who came to a parenting class given at a Church. She is not involved in this group but attends the same church. The leader of the group asked her to come and speak about her childhood and her experience as a mother. There are 3 Deaf couples, and 11 hearing couples. They all have children between the age of 2 and 8. 

2. Yes, If I did not understand what the woman said in my source language I would not be able to accurately interpret it. But I did understand her so I am sure that helped me and give me a better ability to interpret it compared to if I did not understand her. 
Same with target language, if I did not understand it I would not be able to create a equal meaning, but I felt I did an ok job. 

3. There was one part, when she was talking about playing with her mom's pots and pans and I got behind, I think I got most of the information but I dont think I was totally clear on that part because it moved so quickly and I didnt have enough time to set it up clearly. The other processing part that I had a problem with was how to be clear about her mom and neighbor trying to help her get out of the steps. 
 

No comments: