Me

Hello! My name is Abby and I am going to school to become an ASL/English interpreter. This page is full of my interpreting homework and other cool things about interpreting. Hope you enjoy!

Monday, October 27, 2008

Patrie 2.5 English to ASL

video
Study Questions:
1. Context: This lady is presenting shortly to a crowd of people before an auction begins about her hobby of collecting antiques. There is an audience of 50 people. 7 of them are Deaf and 43 are hearing. They are between the ages of 20 and 70.

Ratings:
2. Stress Levels: 2(some) -3(moderate)
I did not feel too stressed about this and when I missed something or got a little behind is when I got stressed out. For the most part I had worked with this text before and the things I did not understand the first time I understand now. 
3. Process Time: 3 (fair)
I thought I did a good job to give myself enough time to understand and process what the lady was saying. If I started too early I realized I needed to pause. 
4. Self-monitoring: 3 (fair)
There were a couple times I messed up and thought I made it clear but did not. I know I need to work on self monitoring and keeping it in the back of my mind. 
5. Resuming after falter: 2(fair) -3(good)
I felt I did pretty good on this. There were two specific times when I knew I messed up and had to fix it and I did my best to stay attentive to the continuing message and felt I did not miss the continued message. 
6. Accuracy: 3(fair)
I think my interpretation was pretty accurate and one thing I totally missed: brass rail lamp. I got the brass rail but I did not get that it was a lamp. I also missed the name of a reclining chair which is chaise lounge. But I felt I did a good job on being clear and accurate of what she was talking about. 



No comments: